Monday, March 16, 2009

Teach An Old Dog New Tricks

Just thought this was funny. Every once in awhile, as many dog owners can attest to, a dog pukes just because. This morning was one of those moments. I heard Aida get up and walk around a little bit before the unmistakable gagging sound began. So I jumped out of bed to find her standing by the bathroom door. This was a really good sign.

You see, every time Aida begins her about-to-puke warning sounds, I rush her into the bathroom and have her put her head over the toilet where she then proceeds to spew into the toilet bowl. Brilliant! I have to say if you can teach a dog to puke into a toilet, that would save your carpet and one's gag reflex from the bile and nasty stuff that comes out.

So back to this morning; After I opened the bathroom door, Aida went directly over to the toilet (Score!). Needless to say, I did not have any cleaning up to do. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But,will she recognize the new toilet facility as her puking bowl? Or perhaps that massive shower will attract her interest instead. But congrats on accomplishing something that I have never been able to get any of our dogs to do!

Marty said...

Oh.
My.
God.
Brilliant!

Lynsey said...

Thats pretty dang AMAZING as I can't even make it to the toilet- I have NO gag reflex and just spew at any possible moment with little or no warning; SMART dog!