Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Best Laid Plans....

Our apartment looks like chaos. I bet if you looked up the word "chaos" in the dictionary, there would be a picture of our apartment. There are boxes everywhere along with tape guns, bubble wrap, permanent markers and random possessions. I can't wait to move it all out of the apartment and in turn make the house the new poster child of chaos. :)

Today Ben and I attempted to rid our apartment of some of the many boxes. We loaded up the Highlander and headed out to the storage unit. After unloading the boxes, we headed over to the house to commence cleaning day # 2. We had everything figured out; We were going to clean the rest of the kitchen (the upper cabinets, the appliances, and the floor), paint the pantry shelves and touch up the carpet with the handheld steam cleaner. I was thinking, "this won't take long..." I was wrong.

We arrived at the house at about 11:00am. I forgot to bring a sponge to clean the refrigerator parts, etc, so we ran up to CVS (right around the corner). After CVS we swung over to Subway to get something to eat. So we really didn't start cleaning until Noon. Long story short, we finished at 7:30pm.....and I didn't get the kitchen floor or upper cabinets cleaned. It took me a couple hours to clean the refrigerator alone! Cleaning by ourselves definitely made us appreciate even more having Mom and Dad there to help us last weekend!

But we are very excited to get into the house. Ben said that he likes the house more every time we go into it. And I feel more like it's really OUR house each time we go. We have less than a week to go until moving day, I can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The majority of the house is cleaned, and we can always have a cleaning marathon after the move to hit any area that was missed. Can't wait to get down there and get your stuff in the house, then it will really feel like home. Love you guys!See you soon!