Saturday, February 23, 2008

Peppermint Penguins aka Froggy Swamp Muck



The last night Sara was here (Friday night) she was able to leave the conference early enough to come have dinner with us at the apartment. So after a long week for Sara she was able to relax for a little bit. Most nights she wasn't back until 10:30 or 11:00. She called me at about 5:30 to let me know that she was leaving the conference and if we hadn't eaten dinner that she maybe could eat with us. And of course with traffic around here at that time it took her almost 2 hours to get from the hotel to our apartment.
But it all worked out, and we had a spaghetti dinner with killer garlic bread and a salad. And we watched some TV and just relaxed. Ben made us all peppermint penguin drinks. They look gross (the first picture) but they taste yummy. We nick-named them Froggy Swamp Muck because that's pretty much what they look like.
It was really nice having a full "house" for so long. Aida certainly enjoyed the extra bodies in the apartment. She definitely used everybody as her personal toy throwers. And she's so cute you can't help but play with her.
We are looking forward to coming back in less than two weeks for my birthday. Hopefully the weather holds out back in Ohio and here. So we will be seeing you all soon!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That stuff looks positively radioactive in the picture!! You all look great--how nice that Sara got to stay with y'all! Look forward to seeing you, too!
Love,
Aunt M

Anonymous said...

Well, I had thought I would like to try this new drink "Peppermint Penguin" until you called "Froggy Swamp Muck".....Ewww. I think I'll just stick with the "Dirty Bananas", although that sounds kinda gross now that I think about it..Hmmmmm
Love, mom

Stephanie said...

I promise it's really good though!!! Just give it a try...

Sara said...

I concur with Stephanie.....it tastes MUCH better than it looks!!!!