Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Lunar Eclipse of 2008

This first picture is towards the beginning of tonight's Lunar Eclipse.

This picture is about the time when the entire moon was eclipsed by the earth's shadow. Just the top right portion of the moon is still slightly exposed. You can also see the star Regulus, the brightest star in the constellation Leo, in the bottom left corner. Pretty neat.

Ben and I had fun watching the Eclipse. We made hot chocolate in our cool hot cocoa maker that I got from Nathan for Christmas. And i sat with a wide open window, drinking hot cocoa, taking pictures until my camera's batteries died.

Enjoy! :)


4 comments:

Larry said...

GREAT pictures! Aunt Martha really wanted a picture, but our camera batteries were all dead. Your pictures are so much better than we could have hoped to take. Thanks for sharing.

Uncle L

Nate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nate said...

I agree with Uncle Larry! And I was in the same boat, only my batteries were fine, my camera just doesn't work. ;-)

How'd the hot chocolate maker thingy work? I was a little skeptical about it's practicality, but thought you'd enjoy it all the same.

p.s.~ I deleted my first attempt at this post because I was typing fast and posted it before proof-reading. I butchered like three words in there (not the ones you think), so I had to fix it. Otherwise I'd freak out. :-)

Stephanie said...

The chocolate thing worked really well...and it was fun to use the mixer. I think it was a very practical gift considering I have burnt milk heating it up on the stove for hot chocolate several times before. When you come visit we will have to use it and you can try it out for yourself. :)