Monday, November 12, 2007

Don't Run With Scissors


Well, that isn't exactly what happened, running with scissors I mean. But the way I did cut my thumb was just as dumb. So I decided to make stew for Ben and I on Saturday for dinner. And despite my mom's advice to use a cutting board when I cut vegetables (or anything), I did not use said cutting board. I was cutting the baby carrots length-wise and even thinking as I cut the first carrot that I should probably use a cutting board. I cut the carrot with the knife coming towards me. And I think that the knife had it in for me, because half way through the carrot it picked up speed and sliced not only the vegetable, but my thumb as well.

Needless to say, my thumb took a pretty good hit, but luckily no stitches were needed. The cut is still pretty tender, but it has started to slowly heal. Unfortunately the cut is still split open, so I have to keep band-aids covering it.
Oh well, I be dumb and I learned my lesson...i think. :)

1 comment:

Larry said...

So sorry to hear about your boo boo. We all know what it's like -- though I usually pass out shortly thereafter. For your future reference -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swWeLaYPFGs .

PS -- I'll show you my boo boo when your in town. It's a good one.