Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Meet Aida








Meet Aida. After finding out that I had to have surgery I decided that I deserved to get a puppy. Aida is a Samoyed/German Shepard mix that I got from a rescue group in New Philadelphia. She was Ben's Valentine's Day present (he loves her).



Although losing Koda is still very hard and I am not sure if I will ever get over that, I decided that I will never know if I can handle having another dog until I try. So, I'm going to try.



Aida is 9 weeks old now and is full of piss and vinegar. She loves to harass Jake and to play in the snow. She only weighs about 7 pounds now and they don't expect her to get very big (maybe 40 pounds).



We are on our way to house breaking her...I guess I should say I am on my way to house breaking her. I have slept on the couch for over a week and have only been sleeping in couple hours increments. I am crossing my fingers that she'll start sleeping through the night soon. She definitely has some typical puppy behavior: chewing on things she's not supposed to, harassing Jake, occasional accidents. But we are working on it.





Grandpa and his new grandpuppy Aida




Ben and his girl

1 comment:

Marty said...

She has her daddy's smile...
:-)