Sunday, October 11, 2009

Well S@#*!

It finally happened. Our beloved "boob-tube" of a television has called it quits. Unfortunately, Ben and I cannot afford a new television at this point (way too many more important things to spend our money on I suppose).

Ever since we got the TV (a hand-me-down from Ben's parents) about a year and a half ago it has been warning us that it wasn't going to last by randomly turning itself off. In order to get the damn thing to turn back on we had to unplug it and wait a minute or two and then plug it back in and push the power button. Sometimes it would take several attempts, but usually after two or three tries we would get it back on. Yesterday, however, the TV threw a fit. It turned off while Ben was watching something and so he went through the process of unplugging, etc. After about five attempts, several cursings, and a slamming of the cabinet door, Ben gave up. Then he was off to work. I left the TV alone for a few hours and tried it again. It turned on, SUCCESS!...then it shut off. I tried again and again to no avail. So I unplugged it and let it be for the night.

I came home from church (I was being a good little Catholic girl :) ) and hoped that the TV would work while I ate my lunch. It doesn't even show a picture anymore before it shuts off. Oh well. Back to the stone age of no television (in the living room) we go.

2 comments:

Mom said...

RIP old friend, RIP. :-(

marty said...

So sorry. Uncle L suggested that you can probably get a good deal on a regular tv on Craigslist, with all the people buying new flatscreens. It's a thought. Or I guess it's marathon sessions of "Freecell" and "Solitaire" on the computer, for the nites Ben is working :-(