Saturday, October 03, 2009

Our Wonderful Visit

Ben and I recently had the pleasure of having Mom, Dad, Aunt Martha and Uncle Larry come to our home and stay for the weekend. We had a blast. I can't remember the last time we've laughed so hard. We visited wineries, local restaurants, Skyline Drive, the State Arboretum, and just hung out around the house. We played several rounds of Cranium which brought out the acting and humming talents of everyone...i never knew we had such a talented family. Uncle Larry's rendition of Bill Cosby moved me to tears...literally...I laughed so hard i cried. Mom nailed an impression of Robert Deniro. It was good time had by all. We can't wait for everyone to come back and visit.




Other than the visit there have been a few other happenings. I visited the ER at the local hospital the morning before we had our visitors. Nothing serious, I just had Vertigo. Wouldn't recommend that to anyone....it sucks. But I am all better now. Ben is going in for surgery number 3 probably in December (it's not scheduled yet). His doctor felt that the plate and screws that are still in his right wrist were impeding his range of motion and causing him some discomfort and pain. Therefor the plate and nine screws are going to be removed and he'll be out of work for 2-3 months.

That's about all the updates for now. Hope you all enjoy the pictures!

2 comments:

marty said...

The pictures of your dad's exit from the Highlander are great--and I had forgotten his tenderly stroking my husband's face. We sure had fun, didn't we?

Mom said...

Great pictures, as usual. I can't remember last time I laughed so hard, either. We had a great time, can't wait to come back! (Aunt Martha beat me to commenting again. Bitch!)