Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm so Proud....



Ben and I were very excited to be able to join Mom, Dad and Nathan to surprise Daniel at Ohio State for the Sphinx Senior Honorary induction last Friday. Mom and Dad received a notification back in early April stating that Daniel was to be inducted into the 103rd class of the Sphinx Senior Honorary. The induction was to be a surprise for Daniel as he was going to be "ambushed" by the current members and taken to the ceremony where his family would be there to see him.

It turns out that they got a key to his room and yanked him out of bed at 7:00am for the induction. He is then "linked" with a current member who turned out to be one of the very first friends he made at Ohio State. I can't remember her name, but she was very nice.

Daniel was completely shocked to see the family already there. And I must say, I have never seen Daniel smile as much as he did that day. He was absolutely beaming all day, as he should have been. We were all so proud of him. It was a really big deal that he was inducted into this honorary society. Only up to 24 students out of the entire Ohio State Senior Class are chosen, based on scholarship, leadership and their contribution to the school.

Daniel deserved it. I think the Sphinx are lucky to have him. I am so proud of my brother.

2 comments:

marty said...

We are so proud of Dan, too--what an exciting day! I know your mom and dad were bursting with pride and excitement. And we think they are so lucky to have three (four!) such extraordinary kids to be proud of. So happy you were all together for the induction! It was great seeing you this past week--looking forward to your next visit!

President Fail said...

Bah! I still can't believe it! It was also really amazing to have you all there! My friend's name is Vicki. Funny story, she is also the one who inducted me into Homecoming Court as she was last years Homecoming Queen! Can't wait to see you all again in a few weeks!