Friday, April 17, 2009

SUCCESS!!!!!


Meet Cheddar. He's my new mouse pet.....Not really. But we caught him/her, FINALLY! And he is now enjoying his new home in Sherando Park (a little over a mile away). Although he won't have minty-fresh pillows and a shmorgous-board of food at his disposal, he at least didn't have his end in a snap mouse trap.
We came home from dinner and Ben was outside with his parents and I was in the living room when I saw it out of the corner of my eye. I called Ben in and slowly backed over to the flashlight on the counter. Without thinking it through, Ben lifted the love seat and I laid on the ground with the flashlight. The mouse came out from under the couch like a bat out of hell right towards me. He took one look at my eager "I'm-a going to catch you!" face and made a quick turn to the right and headed into the dining room. He hid underneath the dry sink and so Ben and I ended up pulling the dry sink out at an angle and barricaded the exit with the bucket that I had originally set up in the kitchen.
So there you have it. We have successfully caught ourselves a mouse. We hope/pray that Cheddar was our only "house guest."

3 comments:

Mom said...

Way cute! I'm sure he will enjoy his new surroundings, although he might not like having to actually look for food instead of having a buffet set out for him. (almost like being on a cruise ship...with entertainment and everything!)

marty said...

I know. No more minty fresh pillows. No beer. No bountiful buffet of snacks. Just the mousely drudgery of life in the woods, foraging for food and a place to sleep. Way to go, Roadrucks. I hope you're proud of yourselves...

Uncle Sir said...

That mouse is cute!!
All of the ones I catch have their tongue hanging out of the side of their mouth. Thought that was normal.