Thursday, October 02, 2008

Surgery Results

I wanted to let everyone know that Ben's surgery went very well. Ben was in the OR for a little more than 3 hours. Dr Miller said that everything went well, but it took so long due to the amount of damage. Dr Miller ended up using 1 plate, something like 6 screws, and several pins. Ben is in an enormous amount of pain even being on the Vicodin. When we see the doctor next week, he told me that he can give me a copy of Ben's x-rays after the plate, screws and pins were put in. It looks very robotic. So look for those images to be making their way to the blog towards the end of next week.

We just got back a little bit ago and I am going to eat some dinner. I will post more later I just wanted to give everyone a quick update.

4 comments:

Marty said...

Hugs to all of you, honey. Take care of yourself!
Love,
aunt m

Anonymous said...

Wow. Those are some pretty neat pictures. Eric and Ben will have to compare internal body hardware and scars sometime. Glad to hear the surgery went well. Maybe Ben will get some Demoral if the Vicodin isn't working.

Hugs and kisses to all. Take care.
Kristina, Eric, Lex and Caiden

Lynsey said...

Oh my!! I heard the news, and I am so sorry that you both have to go through this- I thought working out was supposed to be good for you! Even though we are so far away, let me know if we can do anything for you...you both are in our thoughts and prayers...

EBS said...

Ben, Sorry to hear & read about your injury. Hope you are feeling better soon. Keeping you both in our prayers. Take care of yourselves.

Uncle Manny