Friday, May 30, 2008

Memorial Day

I know I am a little slow in my posting, but here are some pictures from the past Memorial Day weekend with mom and dad.


Here's a picture of Ben and I on the Key Bridge over the Potomac River. Mom, Dad, Ben and I walked from the Rosslyn metro station over the bridge to Georgetown. In the background is Georgetown University. The day was beautiful, I was a little chilly, but i am always cold.


Ben found this great little restaurant in Georgetown called Mr. Smiths. When you first walk in, it looks like a dingy bar but once you walk to the back of the "bar" and down some steps, you walk into this really pretty open garden area. There is also an outside area that you can eat at. It was really neat. This picture is from that restaurant.



I am sparing you the plethora of pictures I have of Dad stretching from Georgetown through DC. But here is one of the pictures where Dad is stretching in the middle of our walk from the metro to Georgetown. I'm not sure what Ben is doing.....but I caught the Kodak moment anyways.

In this photo, Daniel has joined in on the stretching madness.
The visit was a lot of fun....all too short though.
Other than that, Ben and I are doing well. We found a dentist that we really liked. And both Ben and I are cavity-free after something like 2 years (or more) since we've last visited a dentist. So we were pretty happy.
We went down to the complex's swimming pool the other day. It was really nice. But the water was cold. The weather has been beautiful so we are planning on heading back to the pool next week with hopes of warmer water.
Aida is going to be spending the day at "Doggie Day Camp" tomorrow as we help one of Ben's friends move from Manassas to Leesburg. Unfortunately the forecast is calling for thunderstorms so the move might be a little wet.....oh well. Next weekend we have the Race for the Cure and we are also going to be going to a festival in Fairfax. And then we have our favorite Godson's 1st birthday party the following weekend.
That's about all that is new with us. Hope all is well with everyone. Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The stretching picture is hilarious. I can just imagine your dad stopping at intervals during the death march to Georgetown (I'd heard that it was quite the hike from the Metro station to the restaurant) and doing ballet movements to limber up his legs. You both look great and we're looking forward to hearing about the Race for the Cure! Be sure to check out Caleb and Owen's site; new pix are up of your favorite godson--and his brother!!
Love,
aunt m