Thursday, June 04, 2009

The Greenest Thumb

Ben and I have finished another item on our "to-do" list. We finally have planted our vegetable garden. And believe me, it was no easy task! To start off, the area we used for the garden was absolutely infested with weeds. I'm talking about 1 to 2 foot tall dandelions...no joke. Not to mention the irritating weeds that are like vines that subsequently strangled out all the real plants that were initially growing in that area. But after the long grueling hours of weeding we were able to begin work on our garden.

We planted: Tomatoes, zucchini, squash, green beans, romaine lettuce, carrots, and cucumbers. I'm hoping we have "green thumbs" and that all our hard work will pay off in the end. I will keep the blog updated as to the progress of our garden...wish us luck! :)



5 comments:

Mom said...

The garden looks great! What veggie wouldn't want to grow there? And striped tomatoes, how cool!

marty said...

OH.
MY.
GOODNESS.
That is just about the cutest garden I've ever seen! After seeing all the gigantic weeds that took up residence, it's an impressive transformation! You guys have been busy! Good luck!

Larry said...

Wow! Nice garden. I hope you get tons of veggies. I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever you get -- you can't beat fresh from the garden.

President Fail said...

DAAAAAAMN!
That garden looks awesome! I think you had good practice keeping my bonsai alive when I left it down there.

Lynsey said...

MMMM....when you come home to visit- bring some tomatoes my way! Yum!