Wednesday, December 03, 2008

The Hunt is On

Ben and I have started to look for a house. We have mutually decided that although we love our apartment, we would rather be paying towards a mortgage rather than paying rent. Our biggest set back is the location we can afford. In order to get out of the $400,000-$500,000 range, our house hunt has led us an hour West. That, of course, means a much longer commute for Ben. We like the area we are looking well enough, but we will be sacrificing certain things (i.e. Ben's commute time and being close to just about everything). Nothing has been decided, and we certainly don't expect to be moving anytime soon. With the housing market being so low we figured now would be a good time to buy a house, if we find the right house at the right price.

Just today we walked through a house in Winchester (the area an hour West of our apartment) that was on Apple Pie Ridge Road. We really liked the house. It is a small house but it sits on 2 acres. I will be posting photos soon that I took while we were at the property.

On Friday we are heading back out to Winchester to check out another property. And I will do my best to keep everyone updated on our House Hunt. :)

2 comments:

Marty said...

Good luck! I saw the house on Apple Pie Ridge Road (on Zillow.com) and it looks as cute as its address! We miss you all and we're looking forward to seeing you over Christmas!
Love,
Aunt m

Lynsey said...

Good luck looking at houses- it is fun to do- I love to look...and soon, Sean and I will be on the hunt too...in the spring!