Saturday, June 07, 2008

Race for the Cure

First off, Ben and I would like to thank everyone who donated money for the Race. We really truly appreciate all your support and hope that you all know that you made a difference. Last time I checked, this Race ended up surpassing the 3 million dollar goal. So thank you all again.
Here is Ben and i towards the beginning of the race. Luckily the sun wasn't out at first. It was, however, very warm and muggy. Once we got to the third mile the sun decided to pop out.

Here's the finish line!! Whoohoo! It took us about an hour to finish the entire 5K. We probably would have gotten done a lot sooner, but the massive amount of people set the pace.

You can tell how muggy it is here in this picture. The Capitol Building is in the background covered in a humid haze. This picture was taken by another race participant after we finished. As we walked back to the metro, there were still hundreds of people walking the race. The amount of people participating in this walk was both massive and inspiring. It's nice to see so many people getting together for such a worthy cause.

*Just a funny tidbit: On our way to the metro station I heard a *pop* sound and felt a wetness on my left calf. I looked down and realized I had Ketchup splattered up my leg. I stopped to figure out where it came from and what i should do. Ben said he had felt a pop under his foot. Here there was a ketchup packet a few feet back that he had stepped on thus splattering the condiment up my leg. We thought it was funny.*

Our most heartfelt thanks, again, to everyone who both donated money and took the time to read about the cause.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations--we're all very proud of you for taking the time to participate in such a worthy cause! And I guess getting spattered with ketchup by your husband is better than ketchup-spatter from a stranger.

See ya soon!
Love,
aunt m

Nate said...

Well, your welcome for the donation...but I can only accept half of your thanks since I barely read into the cause (I'm a lazy supporter).

Anyway, I hope you're keeping your air on and staying cool. I have a feeling "hot and muggy" is going to be a common phrase in your blog posts for the next few months!

See you Friday!!!